*Strong, healthy families are important to the mission. This section will provide you information on the following organizations:
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Force Support Squadron Services
- Legal Services
- Health and Wellness Center (HAWC)
- Family Advocacy
- Air Force Chaplains
- Squadron First Sergeants
- Mental Health
AIRMAN & FAMILY READINESS CENTER
Airman & Family Readiness Centers offer support and assistance to all Department of Defense employees and their families. This support exists on all active military installations (Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marine Corps) and at many of the active Guard/Reserve bases. Be aware that the Centers can be referred to by different names, depending on the military branch of Service (Air Force = Airman & Family Readiness Center; Army = Army Community Service; Navy/Marine Corps = Fleet and Family Support Center), but the services they provide are comparable.
- Our Ellsworth AFB AFRC Mission is: The Airman & Family Readiness Center mission is to be the Total Force Resource — targeting the needs of the Ellsworth Community.
- Our Ellsworth AFB AFRC Vision is: Building a resilient community that supports each other and the Air Force mission.
- Our Ellsworth AFB services are available to all active duty members, retirees, DoD Civilians and their Dependents.
- Core Programs: Several core programs are available to meet the needs common to all Air Force members, single or married, and families. Our programs include: Deployment Readiness, Relationship Assistance, Personal Financial Readiness, Transition Assistance Employment Assistance, Volunteer Resources, Casualty Assistance Survivor Benefit Program, & the Air Force Aid Society. We also house the Adult MFLC-Military Family Life Consultant (605)385-6931.The EAFB School Liaison Officer/EFMP-FS Coordinator are located outside of the AFRC but in the same building (605) 385-1381. Please visit our website (below) for more information about all of the services the A&FRC has to offer!
***Resilience is the ability to recover from and become strong, healthy, and successful again after change takes place or something negative happens. Here at the A&FRC, programs are put into place to support, teach and re-teach resiliency to our families.
- We are located at 1000 Ellsworth Street, at the back of the Rushmore Building, Suite 1500.
- You can reach us by telephone at:
Commercial: (605) 385-4663 DSN: 675-4663 Fax: (605) 385-6322
- You can follow us on Twitter: @ellsworthafrc
- You can Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ellsworthafrc
- You can follow our Website: www.ellsworthafrc.org
*Please visit the Airman & Family Readiness Center website for a complete description of Resources and Family Support Services.
- Unit-based, commander-directed, family assistance program
- Primary objective: Building Resilient Families
- The Key Spouse is a volunteer appointed by the commander to serve as a communication link between the chain of command (commander and first sergeant), commander’s spouse or key spouse mentor, and families.
- The Key Spouse serves as a lifeline to family readiness, supporting families.
- Depending on the size of the unit, more than one KS may be appointed.
- The A&FRC provides initial and recurring training and acts as a significant unit resource to all Key Spouses and families.
Military Family Life Consultant (MFLC)
- Provides short term, situational, problem-solving counseling services to service members and their families.
- Provides psycho-education to help military service members and their families understand the impact of stress, deployments, and family reunions following deployments and the stresses of military lifestyle.
- MFLC services augment existing military support services.
- Services can be provided on or off military installations to accommodate clients.
- Services provided to individuals, couples, families and groups.
Air Force Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2) was designed to ensure Airmen receive on-going support and care from point of injury to no less than 5 years after separation or retirement. The A&FRC provides personalized services in such areas as transition and relocation assistance, employment search, resume-building, and financial counseling.
School Liaison Officer(SLO) Given that the average military family moves 9 times in a 20-year career, military children are often faced with a variety of school-related challenges, such as school choice, transfer of records, immunizations, advanced study/accelerated programs, special education needs, and graduation requirements. The SLO promotes transitional support for school children through communication, awareness and partnerships among local schools, military units, and parents. The SLO improves the educational environment by advocating for military children’s needs and providing a process to address and resolve specific issues. In addition, the SLO acts as the primary advisor and representative for the installation commander at school functions throughout the education community as it relates to the military dependent child.
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a community support function designed to provide assistance to those family members with special needs. Services include: information & referral, respite care, early intervention and school information, and relocation and financial assistance.
ELLSWORTH CHAPEL COMMUNITY
- Mission: To model, teach and cultivate faith and values.
- The Chapel is proud to serve and minister to you and your family, of all faiths. Please feel free to explore the many chapel programs that promote spiritual growth and fulfillment.
- Please feel free to visit the Official Ellsworth AFB website for more chapel information and worship schedules. http://www.ellsworth.af.mil/units/ellsworthchapel.asp
- Family Advocacy is located in the 28th Medical Group and offers classes in the following areas: Relationships, Parenting, Self Improvement, Stress and Coping Skills
- .Feel free to contact Family Advocacy for more information about their programs @ (605) 385-3150
FORCE SUPPORT SQUADRON
- The Force Support Squadron provides resources in the following areas: Recreation, Dining, Family Life and Services
- Bandit Lanes Rec Center
- Dakota’s Club
- Fam Camp
- Golf Course
- Holbrook Library
- Outdoor Recreation
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Raider Cafe’
- Game Time Sports Grill
- V.I Petes & Eddie Peppers
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Child Development Center
- Family Child Care
- Parent Advisory Board
- Teen Center
- Youth Center
- School Liaison Officer
- Arts & Crafts
- Auto Hobby
- Base Training and Education
- Private Organizations
- Professional Development
- Civilian Personnel
- Military Personnel
- Please feel free to visit the Official Ellsworth AFB FSS website for more information http://www.ellsworthfss.com/
The LAW CENTER/LEGAL OFFICE
- Mission: To provide quality legal services and training to preserve the good order, discipline and moral of our combat and support forces
The Law Center offers the following services:
- Obtain, update or change Wills
- Notary & Power of Attorney (POA)
- Online Legal Assistance https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil/
- Tax Assistance & Resources
- Walk-in Legal Assistance
- Please contact the Legal Office for more information of to make an appointment (605)385-2329
28TH Medical Group
- The 28th Medical Group provides nearly 16, 000 eligible military beneficiaries in the region with a full spectrum of services.
- The following are Medical Treatment Facility Clinics located on Ellsworth AFB:
- Dental Clinic
- -Family Health Clinic
- Flight Medicine
- Health & Wellness Center
- Laboratory Services
- Mental Health
- Optometry Clinic
- Pediatric Clinic
- Physical Therapy
- Public Health
- Women’s Health
- Please call (605)385-6700 or visit the Official Ellsworth AFB Medial Group website for a full list of clinic and service providers and for more information. http://www.ellsworth.af.mil/units/28thmedicalgroup.asp
- TRICARE is the health care program for almost 9.5 million beneficiaries worldwide-including active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees, their families. Please feel free to visit the TRICARE website to view the video “What is TRICARE?” and for a list of popular topics and more information. http://www.tricare.mil/Welcome.aspx
- If you are registered in DEERS and have a valid ID card, you are covered by one of the TRICARE (health care) programs.
- Ellsworth is considered the TRIWEST/TRICARE WEST Region. For more information, contact United Health Care Military & Veterans @ 1-877-988-9378 or www.uhcmilitarywest.com
SQUADRON FIRST SERGEANTS
“My job is People … everyone is my business!”
One of the most invaluable resources available within every squadron/unit is the First Sergeant or “Shirt.” The First Sergeant’s primary duty is to promote the morale, welfare, and health of the enlisted Airmen and families in their squadron, and advice and assist the commander in maintaining discipline and standards. When an Airman has a problem about pay, leave, travel, dependent care, work details, housing, etc., the First Sergeant can facilitate resolution through his/her established relationship with appropriate agencies, on- or off-base. The First Sergeant also assists spouse/family members any time, especially when the Airman is TDY or deployed, and works closely with the squadron’s Key Spouse New spouses are encouraged to meet and become acquainted with their First Sergeant.