If you are voluntarily separating (to include applying for Palace Chase), you are encouraged to start the transition process as early 12 months prior to you anticipated separation date. You are required by law, to start it no later than 90 days prior, but that won’t leave you much time to accomplish all the Career Readiness Standards (CRS) tasks that are required.
Transitioning from the military requires the following:
- Attending a Pre-Separation Counseling Briefing to start an EForm DD Form 2648
- Attend a Transition GPS 5 day workshop
- MOC Crosswalk, Financial Planning, ITP Review, Day 1 (mandatory for ALL)
- VA Benefits Briefing, Day 2 (mandatory for ALL)
- DOL Employment Workshop, Day 3-5 (mandatory for ALL)
- Attend a Capstone Appointment to complete your EForm DD Form 2648, sign it electronically, and then it will be forwarded to your Commander for electronic signature.
Click the links below for more information on: