If you are separating involuntarily, (either in a Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, Administrative Discharge or Judicial Discharge) you are encouraged to start the transition process as soon as you become aware of these circumstances.
Even if you don’t end up getting separated under these circumstances, it is a good idea to at least complete the Pre-Separation Counseling Briefing. This briefing and the EForm DD Form 2648 completed during the briefing does not lock you into separating, but allows you to get into the Transition GPS Workshop as soon as possible. Additionally, the Pre-Separation Counseling Briefing should be completed no later than 90 days prior to your anticipated date of separation.
Even though you are involuntarily separating, you are still required to complete the following Career Readiness Standards (CRS) tasks:
- Attending a Pre-Separation Counseling Briefing to complete an EForm DD Form 2648
- Attend a Transition GPS 5 day workshop
- MOC Crosswalk, Financial Planning, ITP Review, Day 1 (mandatory for ALL)
- VA Benefits Briefing, Day 2 (mandatory for ALL)
- DOL Employment Workshop, Day 3-5 (mandatory for ALL)
- Attend a Capstone Appointment to complete your EForm DD Form 2648, sign it electronically, and then it will be forwarded to your Commander for electronic signature.
Click the links below for more information on: