As a separating/retiring service member, your transition process actually started when you begin considering whether you should stay in the military or separate. By now, all of you should have had a personal face-to-face discussion about transitioning with a member of your unit’s chain of command or a career counselor.
The Department of Defense (DoD) has redesigned the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) to better meet your individual needs and prepare you to be “career ready” when you leave the military.
Depending on your situation, click to go to the appropriate links for more information on the process:
- Separating, Voluntarily
- Separating, Involuntarily (MEB, Administrative, Judicial discharges)
- Retiring (to include medical retirements)
- Transition Briefings/Workshops Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions:
– What documents do I need to bring to the Transition GPS Workshop? Answer
– What is the dress code for Transition GPS Workshops? Answer
– Where do I obtain my Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)? Answer
– Is there a list of web links and resources to assist with my transition? Answer