Download a copy of the Personal Readiness Checklist for single service members.
Important questions to ask yourself…
1. What am I doing with my residence while I am deployed?
2. What am I going to do with my vehicle?
• Click here for important information about entitlements regarding House Hold Goods (HHG) and Personally Owned Vehicle (POV) Entitlements during a deployment.
3. Do I have pets that need to be cared for?
4. Have I arranged for my mail to be held?
5. Have I planned for how to pay my bills?
Emergency Communication Services The American Red Cross provides Emergency Communication Services for military members and their families to keep personnel in touch with their families following the death or serious illness of a family member or other important events, such as the birth of a child. This is often the fastest method to inform the deployed/TDY service member and the information or verification in a message also assists the service member’s commanding officer with making a decision regarding emergency leave.
To find out how to contact the American Red Cross to utilize the Emergency Communication Services or other services they provide, click here.