The Transition Assistance Program (TAP) Military Life Cycle (MLC) model outlines key points in time or, “touch points,” throughout a service member’s career to align their military career with their civilian career goals after the Air Force. MLC enables transition to become a well-planned, organized progression of skill building and career readiness preparation spread over the length of a military career.
- Integrates transition preparation throughout a service member’s military career
- Offers service members education, training, and individualized attention at key touch points with standardized activities throughout their military career as part of their civilian career preparation
- A plan that adapts as changes occur in rank, military occupation, proficiencies, goals, and/or family circumstances
- Service Members — Provides the time and resources to plan for their inevitable transition from Active Duty
- Commanders — Reduces mission impact as many transition related actions are completed during the normal course of business instead of at the end of a
service member’s time on Active Duty
- Nation — Service member planning and alignment with military-to-civilian labor market skills facilitates talent flow from the military to the civilian sector and strengthens the recruiting pipeline for the future All-Volunteer Force